Construction & Grading Items of Interest
Archaeological Monitoring Requirements
Per City Council Policy 601, an Archaeological Monitor is required to be on site during all excavation activities in excess of 18 inches, unless determined to be exempt by the Planning Director.
Construction activity which includes the delivery and/or recovery of materials, supplies, construction equipment, and earth hauling is permitted during these hours:
Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Saturday Earth Hauling: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Sunday/Federal Holidays: NO CONSTRUCTION AUTHORIZED
General Requirements for activity that includes Construction, Repair, Remodeling, Gliding, Excavating, or Landscaping of any real property, as a minimum precaution and as a preventative measure, in accordance with Municipal Code Section 9-3.513 (b), shall be required to do the following:
- The site, and the areas traversed or used by vehicles, including trucks and other equipment and machinery, shall be sprayed and watered sufficiently to suppress dust penetration at all times.
- All such vehicles and equipment shall travel along established and properly watered roadways at all practicable times.
- All vehicles hauling dirt or other particulate material shall be sprayed prior to their leaving the construction or grading site.
- All operations which tend to create or cause dust shall be suspended when the wind velocity is sufficient to cause dust by its own force and intensity.
- The maximum speed of all trucks and other vehicles within the site shall not exceed fifteen (15) miles per hour.
- The area or site shall be sufficiently secured to prevent the intrusion of unauthorized vehicles at all times.
- All vehicles handling dirt to or from a construction site shall be required to have their wheels scrubbed prior to leaving the project site to remove dirt from wheels.
- All development projects that are importing/exporting dirt shall be required to maintain all streets in a dirt free condition.
- All development projects shall comply with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System and Best Management Practices as appropriate.
- Applicability. The provisions of this section shall apply to all land use activities, except that it shall not apply to agricultural activities provided that the combined disturbed surface area within one continuous property line and not separated by a paved public road is ten (10) acres or less, nor apply to other exceptions as allowed by the South Coast Air Quality Management District Rule 403.