Assembly Bill 1483 Requirements
In accordance with Assembly Bill (AB) 1483, the below information is provided for transparency for residential development regulations and costs.
- Residential Development Fee Schedule
- Affordability Requirement
- San Juan Capistrano requires 10% of residential units be reserved for lower income households when developing two or more units. An in-lieu fee may be paid instead of including the units. The housing in-lieu fee is calculated on a monthly basis in accordance with the Municipal Code Section 9-5.103. The code section and the spreadsheet used for calculation are provided for reference.
- All properties within the City of San Juan Capistrano have zoning Districts assigned. Please use the City’s Interactive Map to look up the specific zone for any property by selecting the zoning layer and searching for the address.
- The zoning ordinances, development standards, and design guidelines for properties within the City of San Juan Capistrano can be found within the below linked municipal codes, Design Guidelines, and Comprehensive Development Plans.
- New development projects are required to submit a Comprehensive Development Application with all required submittal materials, which are listed on Page 3 of the application.
- Additional Housing Development Code Sections