Effective 3/16/2020, as a result of the City Hall closure in response to the COVID-19 Virus, all new Planning Applications will be required to be submitted electronically.
Please e-mail Applications to PlanningDept@sanjuancapistrano.org along with other required submittal information.
New Project (Electronic) Submittal Process:
1. Submit all documents listed below via email to PlanningDept@sanjuancapistrano.org:
- Comprehensive Development Application - Please complete the application in its entirety to ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner.
Please refer to the submittal matrix on page 3 of the application for application requirements.
- Other Applications – Please complete the application in its entirety to ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner.
Please refer to the linked brochures and applications for submittal requirements.
2. Payment - An invoice along with payment instructions will be emailed to the applicant by the City. Planning application fees or developer deposits must be made by credit card with payment information taken over the phone. Please refer to the Planning Fee Schedule.
- Credit Card transactions have a maximum limit of $5000, in the event this is an issue please contact the Finance Department for assistance.
- Payments may also be made by check via the City's Drop Box (located in the front of City Hall). Checks must be placed in a sealed envelope along with a copy of the invoice and labeled with the application number. Once payment has been hand delivered to the City's Drop Box please call 949-493-1515 to inform the Finance Department that the payment was delivered.
- Payments by mail may cause a delay in processing.
3. The assigned planner will review your application for accuracy and thoroughness. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant for additional information otherwise the planner will coordinate the completion of the application process.
Please submit any Planning inquiries or question to PlanningDept@sanjuancapistrano.org or 949-443-6331.