Duties of the Planning Commission include:
1. To study and make recommendations to the City Council on amendments to the City’s General Plan;
2. To develop and make recommendations to the City Council on specific plans designed to implement portions of the City’s General Plan;
3. To review the City’s Capital Improvement Program for consistency with the City’s General Plan and forward recommendations to the City Council;
4. To make recommendations to the City Council to effectuate changes to the land use pro-visions set forth in Title 9 of this Code, consistent with provisions of the General Plan;
5. To approve, deny, or approve with modifications or conditions, development proposals, or parts thereof, in accordance with the land use provisions set forth in Title 9 of this Code;
6. To appoint members of the Planning Commission to serve on the Design Review Committee to review and make recommendations to the Planning Commission on development proposals processed in accordance with Title 9, Chapter 2, Article 2, Section 9-2.313;
7. To appoint members of the Planning Commission to serve on the Transportation Committee to review and make recommendations to the Planning Commission on matters related to projects that are designed to implement a multi-modal transportation system, State planning programs that are transportation-related, site development plans and tentative maps with regard to impacts to the City’s circulation system, and on matters related to public transportation, traffic regulations and standards for parking, vehicular and public safety; and,
8. To undertake such other duties as may be assigned by the City Council.
The Planning Commission appoints one Planning Commissioner to serve on the Design Review Committee with one Planning Commission alternate to serve in the absence of the appointed regular Design Review Committee member.
Commission Members are required to be registered voters of the City and are required by State law to file Fair Political Practices Commission Conflict of Interest Statements upon appointment, annually, and upon leaving office.
Current appointees will serve a term from April 1, 2019, through March 31, 2021.
- Tami Wilhelm, Chair
- Harrison Taylor, Vice-Chair
- Stan Braden
- Lisa Fenning
Elizabeth Hull, Deputy City Attorney (Best Best & Krieger)
Sergio Klotz, Assistant Development Services Director & Commission Secretary
Meetings: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, monthly - 6:30 p.m., City Council Chamber