CA Senate Bill 272 Compliance
Senate Bill 272, approved on October 11, 2015, adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 with annual updates.
Full text of SB-272 available at ca.gov.
The catalog shall disclose a list of the enterprise systems utilized by the agency and, for each system, shall also disclose all of the following:
- Current system vendor
- Current system product
- A brief statement of the system's purpose
- A general description of categories or types of data
- The department that serves as the system's primary custodian
- How frequently system data is collected
- How frequently system data is updated
"Enterprise system" means a software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges, and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public
- A system of record
"System of record" means a system that serves as an original source of data within an agency
An enterprise system shall not include any of the following:
- Information technology security systems, including firewalls and other cyber-security systems
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring, and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas, or water or sewer functions
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure pursuant to Section 6254.19
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges, or analyzes
City of San Juan Capistrano Catalog
- View the Enterprise System Catalog (PDF) for the City of San Juan Capistrano.