To view inspection requests/results/timeframes please click the link below:
REMOTE VIDEO INSPECTION INFORMATION
Once in the E-Trakit Portal, follow these steps:
- Use the drop down box and select "PERMIT NUMBER"
- Enter the Permit # and press 'SEARCH'
- Click on the permit to open the permit information
- Click on:
- "INSPECTIONS" - to view all of your inspection history & any scheduled inspection requests/timeframes (AM/PM timeframes can be viewed at 7:45am on the morning of your scheduled date)
- "MORE INFO" - next to the associated inspection to view any corrections/notes from the inspector
Work performed on issued permits needs to be inspected in order for the job/permit to become Finaled with the City. All work performed on an issued permits that expires before a City Building Inspector has completed and approved a passing Final inspection becomes unpermitted work.
Building and Grading Inspectors – Telephone/Counter
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM & 3:30 - 4:30 PM (Mon - Thu)
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM & 3:00 - 3:30 PM (Fri)
The City’s inspectors create each days inspection run sheet at the start of every morning. Routes are chosen in such a way to prevent wasted time driving from location to location and as such not all specific requests for morning or afternoon inspections can be accommodated.
Inspection timeframes are available at 7:45am on the morning of your inspection and can be viewed online through the Inspection Information link above.
Inspection requests made prior to 4:00 p.m. on a City business day will be scheduled for the following business day unless a different date is specified.
Inspections requests can be scheduled the following ways:
- Online via the form at the bottom of this page
- Phone via voicemail on the Automated Inspection line (949) 493-3172
- In Person by visiting the Building Counter during regular business hours
City Staff does not provide confirmation for voicemail inspection requests left on the Automated Inspection Request line. Inspection requests sent online will get a short confirmation response by e-mail.
All inspection requests made via phone must include the following information in this order:
- Permit Number
- Job Site Address
- Date of Inspection
- Type of Inspection(s) being requested
- Job Site Contact Name and Phone Number
- Gate Code or other special instruction
Overtime Inspections/Special Inspections
An inspection request may be made for inspections that need to take place outside of normal working hours such as weekends or a non-City business day. Overtime/Special Inspections require approval from both the Inspector and Building Official.
Please note that there is a fee for all approved overtime inspection requests that must be paid prior to your inspection.
Additional Inspection Information:
- Building Inspector assignments are subject to change
- Inspectors do not set appointments. Your timeframe is given as a courtesy. Our inspectors aim to arrive at your job site within that timeframe.
- AM = 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
PM = 12:00 PM – 3:30 PM
- Inspector may be delayed due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Some inspections may take longer than others due to size, scope or complexity of the inspection.
- It is possible for an inspection to be canceled in the field and the inspection order may change.
- When Building Inspectors are unable to complete all assigned work, the uncompleted inspection(s) will be carried over to the next work day.
- A re-inspection fee may be assessed when work is not ready, inspection card and/or approved plans are not available, no access has been provided or there is any deviation from the approved plans.
Your responsibilities as the applicant/permit holder:
- Complete all work related to the inspection.
- Pay all previous re-inspection fees, if any, prior to scheduling your next inspection.
- Approve/Stamped Plans and Job Card shall be on site at ALL times during inspections.
- Site must be secure and safe for inspector to walk the property.
- Provide gate code or access numbers and contact info for guarded properties.
- Provide all necessary documents to the inspectors required for your particular inspection.
- An OSHA-approved ladder must be provided, if applicable.
Online Inspection Requests
* Effective 3/16/2020, all Building Permit Inspections will continue as usual with the exception of inspections that require a City Inspector to enter the interior of an occupied residential dwelling unit. In such cases, the contractor must be prepared with the plans, permit job card, and an electronic device capable of showing video and or photos of the work to be inspected (i.e. a smart phone). When requesting an inspection, please note if the inspection involves the interior of an occupied residential dwelling unit. *
Please complete the form below to request inspection(s).